Building Intercultural Communites (Peace1V) in collaboration with Donegal Travellers Project are recruiting a Part Time Project Worker:
Overall Purpose of the Job To organise events, design and deliver programmes which contribute to building positive relationships in the county focusing on Black and Minority Ethnic communities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
To deliver a community development approach to building relationships with a diverse range of communities in County Donegal and organise activities to meet the aims of the project.
To develop a model of intervention in Donegal to address challenges for minority, ethnic and immigrant communities across social, economic and culture and to assist in supporting inclusion where appropriate.
To collaborate with the staff team and organisations on training and development programmes.
To work with the Building Intercultural Communities staff team and the Steering group to meet the targets, document and deliver the actions as set out in the Peace Project.
This post will be based in the Letterkenny office with an emphasis on delivering the project outside Letterkenny.
- Relevant qualification or experience in Community sector or community relations.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Excellent organisational and event co ordination skills. Well-developed people skills with the ability to demonstrate care and consideration.
- Excellent I.T. skills
- Access to suitable transport to carry out the post is a requirement.
- The salary will be in line with the pay as set out within the funded programme and is for 1 year.
- To Apply:
Apply in writing with a Curriculum Vitae to Siobhan MC Laughlin, Donegal Travellers Project, Port House, Port Road, Letterkenny. Closing Date: is May 31st @ 5 o clock.
Contact Siobhan MC Laughlin on 0861741056 for further information
This post is funded under Peace 1V programme through Donegal County Council.